11/30/11

on a very good day


A trip to the library was in order today, can't wait to get my reading on again, it's been way too long since I was able to make it through a whole book without distraction. How about you, what have you been reading lately?

Feeling grateful for so many things, both big and little, tonight. Family and friends who have lifted me up over the years, reminding me on a daily basis that I am good enough exactly the way I am. On days when I am at my lowest and feeling like I'm all alone, they never fail to reach out and hold my hand until I'm ready to stand again. And when I'm at the top of my game, they're right there in the cheering section, routing me on and telling me that they believed in me all along.
Why is it that we are always our own worst critics, and at times our own worst enemies? Why can't we love ourselves the way that others do, with kindness and compassion, and most of all - forgiveness...

I had a meeting with the editor of the local paper this morning, he likes my photos and has extended an invitation to begin doing some freelance work for them. This meeting came about as a direct result of someone viewing my photographs and actually liking them, and I'm finding myself scratching my head and shaking it in disbelief. Don't get me wrong, when I sort through my work I love what I see, but it's the subjects in them that I love - those moments captured forever in time, and they are mine to enjoy and share in any way I like. So putting them out there for actual critique and possible rejection? Scary, like jumping off a cliff scary.
But these beautiful wings which have formed from hardship over the past few years will carry me through just fine, I'm sure of it!

No comments: