12/5/10

mindfulness


One of my very best friends has decided that soon she will take her family and move to the mountains, and will do whatever it takes to make it happen. Honey, that's BIG, I'm tellin' ya, to make big changes, as scary as they might be, and finally do something real and happy, instead of just sort of floating through life. And while that life may have been very very pretty, the new one will be beautiful beyond belief because it will be real and happy, and I love her for taking that leap.

Her decision has got me thinking about choices and mindfulness and doing whatever it takes to really live, even if it's scary as hell. Living with a purpose instead of just floating. It doesn't have to be as big as moving to the mountains, but it can certainly be in the little things we do every day. You know, stepping out of whatever your comfort zone is and trying something new or whatever. Not procrastinating or waiting for another day/better time. There is no better time, and there may never be another day...

How many days have I let just pass me by where at the end of the day, when I lay my head down, I couldn't think of one thing that I'd done that was productive or meant anything other than being a good person. (I try to always do at least that). How many days where I could have learned or done something new or fun because I didn't take a chance for fear of failure. 

Forty-four years in this old life for me, full of just getting by without a real purpose. Oh, don't get me wrong, I've done lots of really cool or daring things but only because those things or situations presented themselves to me. Never did I just go in search of them. 

that.changes.today.

Today I will be brave and step outside of my comfort zone. Today I stop saying no to really living with a purpose just because I'm afraid of either failing or not living up to someone else's expectations. Because when I really think of it, there isn't even anyone out there that expects anything from me, that's the great thing about being an adult with no true responsibilities other than to be a good person. 

Everyone's life is their own, to choose and live however they do or do not want, I think I will live the second half of mine being real and happy. How about you?

3 comments:

whitey said...

Sounds excititng! Wishing you the best in everything you do.

Ms. Moon said...

As I said today, I am working on this every day. Every day. Well put. Rightly said.

tiffany said...

Aw, thanks Whitey!~

Ms. Moon, I read what you said on your blog the next day after I wrote things and found it funny that we seem to be in the same state of mind quite often LOL