11/4/10

Linger...


Cranberries singing Linger
Coffee warms my bones
Different view outside my window
Autumn sets a brand new tone.

Sun is dancing in the trees out back, the rain is gone after two days of falling steady, making things feel melancholy and lethargic. I feel paralyzed on days like yesterday, not good, already prone to depression and sadness, being forced to sit inside always seems to leave me with nothing but reflection on everything and nothing at all.
But as always, the sun shows it's pretty head again and so does my spirit. Today I surround myself with the things that mean so much to me, the things that I've so far unpacked and hung on these 4 walls or carefully placed just so on the windowsill. Things that I haven't laid eyes on since packing them away a year ago. Every picture and keepsake brings with it emotion, some happy some sad, but all are symbols of who I am inside and where I've been and they make me smile, just like old friends.
No regrets, no regrets, no regrets... only lessons learned. I am close to standing on my own, upright and without a crutch. Not quite there yet, but almost.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You are your own most beautiful thing.

tiffany said...

As are you Ms. Moon :)

whitey said...

“When you have come to the edge of all the light you have And step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of the two will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid to stand on
Or you'll be taught how to fly!”
Richard Bach

tiffany said...

Absolutely right Whitey, thanks for posting this, I love it