10/17/10

hearts overflowing


My god I love this boy and girl. 
I have made it a point not to write often about my family and friends, as to respect their privacy, but when I got this picture tonight it just made my heart so happy and I had to share...
As a single mom for the majority of life with my daughter I was riddled with guilt and doubt every day, was I doing things right or wrong or okay. Was I scarring and traumatizing her by giving her everything she needed but not much of what she wanted, not that she ever asked for much because that's certainly not the case. 
Such a good girl she was, not giving me fits over this or that, anything and everything, like I've seen some children giving their parents. And anyone who's known me for an extended amount of time knows what a run for their money I gave my parents...
but not this girl
"It's okay Mom" was her daily mantra when I would have to change plans because of work, or tell her that we had to move again for one reason or another, or when I cried and apologized for speaking much too harshly at her. She has been the one constant shining star in my life from the very second she made her arrival here on earth... 
My heart has always overflowed with love for her, as it has for my grandson of 6 1/2 years, and if I'm fortunate enough will do for any children of his. And I see her heart overflowing with love for him and know that this really is what life is all about, we have come full circle and it is good...

3 comments:

Dad said...

It is good!

Ms. Moon said...

And that is beautiful.

tiffany said...

Thanks Ms. Moon :)