9/16/10

seasons of life

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the seasons of life... this is a little something I wrote last year. Paired with a Black-billed Cuckoo bird it now canvases the middle of my back. The words have so many different meanings for me, turmoil to peace, depths of depression to contentment, new beginnings and starting anew, stagnation to really living...

Catatonic state of winter
It's grip has seized my soul
Frustration, no motivation
Smiles take flight
As this haze of irritability sets in...
The constant voice of sleep 
Grows louder and louder
As it screams my name
from behind the curtain of life
How much longer must I be
Imprisoned by it all?
Come Spring
Breathe new life into this soul of mine
To writhe in Winter's painful grasp
Is more than I can bear...

t.c. 
3.4.09



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you